Dry and unoaked, with intense citrus flavours, Granny Smith apples and spicy undertones. Perfect alternative for Sauvignon Blanc drinkers. Gruner Veltliner is Austria’s most important indigenous grape and up until the 1990s it was relatively unheard of. Gruner Veltliner has many charms, one of them being the consistency of the quality and the flavour profile; it always delivers what it says on the tin. Ferdinand Mayr is a musician turned winemaker and his wines are singing with flavour and intensity.
- Sort by Date
- A Chablis by which to judge all Chablis. Produced in limited quantities and to a seriously high quality, Thomas Pico?s Chablis is one of purity, tension and precision. In 2004, Thomas Pico returned to work at his family estate in Chablis after several years of working in Nuits St George. ?Pattes Loup?, which translates ?wolf?s paws?, is the name of the parcel that his grandfather gave him that year. This was the year when his grandfather died, and Thomas remembers him saying: ?don?t make the same mistakes I did in the vineyard.? Within 3 years later, he shifted production to organics.
Type White Grape Chardonnay Region Chablis Country France Farming Practices Organic
- The focus with this wine is texture and depth, rather than focussing solely on primary fruit notes. Handpicking of quality fruit combined with a small percentage going through fermentation in old French oak make this a unique and exciting Marlborough Sauv. Mahi owner, Brian Bricknell has a seriously impressive CV. Head winemaker at Vina Errazuriz and Seresin, before embarking on his own project. Unlike most Marlborough producers, Bricknell opts for low yields and high quality from the vines and the results in the glass speak for themselves.
Type White Grape Sauvignon Blanc Region Marlborough Country New Zealand Farming Practices Vegan
- This elegant and finely balanced wine would turn any non-Chardonnay drinker into a fan. Ripe, concentrated flavours of nectarine and citrus fruit with refined barrel ferment nuttiness and a creamy texture are a first-class effort from Mahi. Mahi owner, Brian Bricknell has a seriously impressive CV. Head winemaker at Vina Errazuriz and Seresin, before embarking on his own project. Unlike most Marlborough producers, Bricknell opts for low yields and high quality from the vines and the results in the glass speak for themselves.
Type White Grape Chardonnay Region Marlborough Country New Zealand Farming Practices Vegan
- A subtle nose openss up to lush flavours of white orchard fruits with a soft creamy texture and refreshing acidity. Fermented in thermoregulated stainless steel vats and finished on its lees results in a Sancerre rich and refined Sancerre. Sancerre is located on the left bank of the Loire valley renowned for its fresh crisp whites. In order to call your white wine Sancerre, the regulation stipulate that the grapes must be exclusively Sauvignon Blanc.
Type White Grape Sauvignon Blanc Region Loire Country France Farming Practices HVE Certified
- Made from the little known Savagnin, a white grape found exclusively in the region Jura in Eastern France. You would be forgiven for thinking that it?s a Chablis Grand Cru, with its minerality, spice and tension all supported by bright citrus favours. Domaine Rolet is a family run property with beautiful, healthy vineyards owing to the herbicides and pesticide free vineyards and soils which are constantly ploughed. Their commitment is also evident in the cellar where they produce balanced, mineral-driven wines that can only come from the Jura.
Type White Grape Savignin Region Jura Country France Farming Practices Organic
- Picpoul is an indigenous grape from the Languedoc region in the South of France. This is a generous and open expression with fleshy fruit, juicy pears and ripe pineapples. Refreshing acidity and a weighty mouthfeel. A brilliant Picpoul and a good one to try if you are a fan of Pinot Grigio.
Type White Grape Picpoul Region Languedoc Country France Farming Practices
- La Raia made us fall back in love with Gavi all over again. A lovely ripe and fleshy wine with Golden Delicious apples, zesty citrus fruit, hints of peach and minerality. Bright refreshing, and an interesting alternative to Chablis. Cortese is Piedmont's indigenous white grape, and produces arguably its best white wine, Gavi. Gavi is a region to the Eastern side of the region and in order to call your wine Gavi, it must be made exclusively from Cortese.
Type White Grape Cortese Region Piedmont Country Italy Farming Practices Biodynamic, vegan
- Soft texture with fleshy mouthfeel lead to wine with floral hints, orchard fruit like pears and apricots and herbal tea notes. Yum! Coto De Gomariz , who is the winery behind The Flower and the Bee, farm organically although they are not certified, and many biodynamic practices are also implemented here. They are one of the leading producers in Ribeiro, with second generation Ricardo Carreiro at the helm with oenologist Xos? Lois Sebio by his side.
Type White Grape Treixadura Region Galicia Country Spain Farming Practices Organic
- Classic white Burgundy and a must for Chardonnay lovers. This is part barrel fermented which results in nutty, toasted almond notes and the balance is fermented in stainless steel to retain the freshness of fruit. Medium to full bodied.
Type White Grape Chardonnay Region Burgundy Country France Farming Practices
- Made exclusively from the local white grape Catarratto, Fabrizio Vella's Organico Bianco is simply lovely. Its non-filtered which results in rich texture and weight. Unoaked, citrusy and intense, this is perfect for Pinot Grigio lovers. Fabrizio Vella, a Sicilian native, is passionate about the local grapes from Sicily and has created an exciting range of wines farmed to organic practices and with careful winemaking, resulting in fresh, lively wines which are true to their origin.
Type White Grape Cataratto Region Sicily Country Italy Farming Practices Organic, vegan
- A subtle, stylish and elegant wine that has crisp orchard fruit and a fine citrus backbone. Dry, fresh and aromatic, its Albarino has it should be. When Rias Baixas officially attained appellation status in 1988, there were only 30 wineries there and little of the wine was exported. Now it is home to 6 times as many producers, in large driven by the insatiable thirst for Albarino. Bodegas Zarate have been the pioneering force behind high quality Albarino.
Type White Grape Albarino Region Galicia Country Spain Farming Practices
- Castro Ventosa has been owned and run by the Perez family since 1752 and has never changed hands. They have a hands-on approach in the vineyard and a hands off approach in the winery which result in vibrant and exciting wines.
Type White Grape Verdejo Region Rueda Country Spain Farming Practices