Passion for Pinot
This very popular box of reds is a dream for anyone who likes Pinot Noir. It focuses on light – medium bodied fruity reds.
Pinot Noir is one of my very favourite grapes (after Chardonnay and Sangiovese!)
The selection features 3 classic Pinot styles and then 3 quirky reds that have all the gorgeous characteristics we love, light-medium bodied, summer fruits and cherries, with a hint of spice.
The star of the show here is a Pinot Noir from the heartland of Burgundy, an area just outside of Nuits St George. It is a big, oaky style of Pinot with spicy and earthy tones. It typically retails for €27 per bottle and is a steal at that price. This would be delicous with some roast duck or pan seared duck breast. We took inspiration from two other French wines from South of Lyon, a beautiful mature Beaujolais and a fruit driven, spicy Pinot Noir.
From Spain we have the juicy and bright Gran Cerdo, an unoaked Tempranillo that has achieved cult status in Ireland and super quirky, super trendy red from Somantano from the Moristel grape. Last, but by no means least is a Pinot Noir from Argentina which has is very simialr to a high quality New Zealand Pinot but much better value for money.
Passion for Pinot Box contains:
• Star of the Show – France, Ambroise ‘Bourgogne’ Vielles Vignes, Burgundy (Grape Pinot Noir)
• Red – Spain, Bodegas Principo, Somantano (Grape: Moristel)
• Red – France, Domaine de la Plaigne, Beaujolais Villages (Grape: Gamay)
• Red – France, Domaine de Bachellery, Pinot Noir, Languedoc
• Red – Spain, Gran Cerdo, Rioja (Grape: Tempranillo)
• Red – Argentina, Vina Zorzal, Mendoza (Grape: Pinot Noir)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.