One of the great luxuries and joys in life is to relax in the garden, be it basking in the sun or cutting the grass, it is such good food for the soul.
As one of my own favourite past times, it was of upmost importance to put together a selection of wines that are ideal for weekends in the back garden. The criteria we based this around was fun; fun to look at and fun to drink. Secondly, they had to be refreshing as pulling weeds is back breaking work and last but by no means least, they have to be seriously delicious !
We have a new rose on the block, from Abruzzo in southern Italy. It’s fruity, bone dry, outrageously good and tastes like a red Mr Freeze. Yum! Next up we have our trusty Organic Prosecco producer, the award winning LaJara Winery, and this box includes box the pink one. Remember those holidays to Portugal? We definitely do and have included a crisp and refreshing Vinho Verde to re-live those sunny evenings dining al fresco. We have two reds in the box, one is a medium bodied fruity red from the Sangiovese grape and the other is a full bodied Malbec from Argentina. The Malbec is divine! Dense and chewy, yet refreshing. A perfect BBQ wine.
• White – Vinho Verde, Paquenos Rebentos, Portugal
• Rose – Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo DOC, Cantina Frentana, Italy
• Sparkling Rose – Prosecco, Lajara Organic, Venezia
• Red – Rioja, Lopez de Haro Crianza, Spain
• Red – Bodegas Salentein, Portillo Malbec , Mendoza, Argentina
• Red – Organic Sangiovese, Cantina dei Colli Ripani, Italy